• 1/2 small green cabbage shredded
• 1/4 small red cabbage shredded
• 1/4 minced red onion
• 1/4 cup shredded carrot
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
1. In a bowl, mix together green and red cabbages, onion, carrot, oil, lime juice, and salt.
2. Add parsley flakes if desired and served as a side dish.
Cabbage in general is a good source of vitamin C, K, and demonstrates measurable cancer preventive properties. While green cabbage is the most eaten type of cabbage, red cabbage has more nutritional health benefits as dietary antioxidants and their roles in a number of preventive diseases. Short-cooked (steamed), and raw cabbage salads are the most healthiest way of eating them.