• 1 lb. macaroni (ziti)
• 3/4 lb. grated Gouda cheese
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 pinch ground pepper and nutmeg
• 1 cup chopped onion and green pepper
• 1 scallion
• 3 teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 1 parsley sprig
• 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
• 1½ cup evaporated milk
• 1/4 cup margarine butter
1. Bring to a boil on medium heat 10 cups of water with macaroni, oil, scallion, garlic clove,
parsley, and 2½ tspns salt for 30 minutes. From time to time stir macaroni, so it doesn't
stick in the pot. Turn off heat, strain macaroni, rinse with cold water, and put aside.
2. In a saucepan, sauté onion and green pepper in butter on medium heat (5 minutes).
Reduce heat, add 1 cup grated cheese, stir, then add 1 cup evaporated milk, garlic
powder, mustard (optional). Mix flour with remaining milk and continue to stir until
thickening. Turn off heat!
3. In large bowl, quickly combine macaroni with the creamy sauce, stir, add some grated
cheese, pinch of nutmeg, pinch of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ketchup (optional).
4. Preheat oven at 350° F.
5. In the meantime, prepare glass baking pan (square or rectangle). Spread little bit of
butter in it.
6. Put macaroni mixture, sprinkle over remaining grated cheese, and bake for 45 minutes.
7. When top is golden brown, remove, let cool off, then serve.