Whether it's ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey depending on your favorite meat taste, the following Haitian Creole meatloaf recipe will entice gastronomes and cuisine lovers to prepare the most juiciest baked meatloaf ever. The simplest and natural ingredients used such as, ground spices, parsley, chopped onions, salt and mixed peppers make it easy and quick to prepare before achieving the juicy and delicious meatloaf taste.
• 2.5 lb fresh lean ground turkey
• 5 teaspoons ground spices
• 1/4 medium yellow onion chopped
• 1/4 red and green bell pepper chopped
• 2 teaspoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
• 1 medium carrot
• 1 celery stick
• 3 tsp Ragù sauce or 1 tsp tomato paste
• 1 garlic clove crushed or garlic powder
1. In a oven-safe glass or metal pan, mix ground turkey with lime juice along with chopped
red and green bell peppers, chopped onion, ½ crushed garlic clove, finely chopped
parsley or parsley flakes and ¾ tsp salt.
2. Shape meat in the middle of the pan and leave around space, so it can render juice
3. Preheat oven 350° degrees, cover pan with aluminum foil and bake preparation for 45
4. In the meantime, slice carrot and celery stick.
5. Remove aluminum foil, but do not discard! Add 1 cup water around cooked meat, place
mixed sliced carrot, celery, Ragù sauce or tomato paste, leftover ground spices and
onion and pepper, parsley flakes, then 1/4 salt and 1/4 pikliz vinaigrette (optional), ½
crushed garlic clove , cover pan and place in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove pan and discard aluminum foil, moisturize meatloaf with sauce, then bake for
35 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove pan, spread some juicy sauce on meatloaf, slice and serve hot.