• 8 potatoes
• 5 carrots
• 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 2 teaspoons chopped or parsley flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
• 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
Potato is an excellent source of potassium, vitamins C, B6. It helps reduce arthritis symptoms and lower blood pressure. The best way to cook a potato is to bake or steam it to prevent loss of nutrients. Since boiling a potato provides also phosphorus and copper, do so with its skin on moderate heat.
1. Bring to a boil potatoes and carrots until tender. Test tenderness every 10 minutes, so
they don't get too soft. Put aside tender ones and let cool off.
2. Peel and mince potatoes and carrots in a bowl, add salt, diced onions, red bell pepper,
green bell pepper, and mayonnaise.
3. Mix everything together, then sprinkle with parsley.
4. Serve as a side dish and keep leftover refrigerated.