• 1 ripe soursop (2 lbs.)
• 3 - 5 teaspoons light brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon "Vanilla" (extract)
• 1 cup water
• 6 ice cubes
Known for its powerful components and medicinal properties, soursop is a large fruit deriving from the Graviola tree or Ammona muricata (Guanabana in Spanish). The soft and edible white flesh of the fruit produces a sweet and distinctive flavor used to make juice, nectar, ice cream, sorbet, or candy. Grown mainly in the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Southeast Asia, parts of Africa, and the Pacific, it is rarely found fresh anywhere else. It is rich in vitamin C and B, and it's a powerful anti-cancer. The ripe fruit has a soft skin. Have you ever experienced soursop drink or found the real fruit? Let us know!
1. Cut soursop in half and remove heart with a spoon to better extract pulp from skin.
2. In a blender place seeded pulp to help faster remove seeds while gently pressing and
releasing sporadically pulse button.
3. In a bowl pour content and use fork to de-seed white pulp.
4. Place seedless pulp back in blender, add 1 cup water, and mix well.
5. Strain pureed pulp in pitcher using spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
6. Add 3 - 5 teaspoons light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, ice cubes and stir.
7. Serve chilled and enjoy!
P.S. Soursop juice can also be combined with milk for a tastier drink. Just add 1 cup evaporated milk to soursop pureed pulp, 1 can condensed milk (14 oz), nutmeg, raisins, vanilla extract, sprinkle salt. To make ice cream, use a thickest mixture with one additional can condensed milk, sugar to taste and pour content into ice cream maker or ice tray.
• Haiti's Hidden Treasures I: (1hr10 mn)
DVD-Documentary by Haitian filmmaker Patrick Dorsainvil, showing Port-au-Prince and its surroundings before the 2010 earthquake and touching the history, the people, geography and resources.
• Haiti's Hidden Treasures II: Awe-inspiring dvd showcasing Haiti's most popular cities surrounded by untouched natural beauty. 67 mns + 12 mns slideshow.
Haiti's Hidden Treasures Part 1 & 2: $30.00
Free Shipping & Handling
Usually ship within 24 hours.
BUY 2 & SAVE!