• 2 cups flour
• 20 cups water, all-together
• 5 teaspoons salt
• ¼ cup minced green & red bell peppers
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 large onion and 1 small onion, sliced
• 1 scotch bonnet pepper
• 2 celery sticks, sliced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
• 1 large chayote, diced
• 2 medium malangas, diced
• 2 teaspoons sour orange or lime juice
• 2 scallions, root and leaves removed
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 large plantain, sliced
• 3 carrot sticks, sliced
• 3 teaspoons ground spices
• 2 medium potatoes, diced
• 2 sprigs parsley
• 1 piece yam or 1 medium sweet potato
Do not discard your leftover roasted turkey or chicken chunks until preparing this delicious homemade soup! This vegetable soup is so easy to make and so aromatic when mix with your chicken or turkey's leftovers. Indeed, it's a great dinner to fill your table on
a busy Saturday for your family and complemented guests.
1. In a plate, mix flour with 2 teaspoons salt, gradually add ½ cup water to obtain dough.
2. On a board or in large plate, roll many pieces of dough in your hand to shape as rods.
3. In a pot, bring to a boil dumplings in 8 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt on medium heat
(45 minutes). Turn off heat!
4. In larger pot, bring to a boil on medium heat all diced vegetables in 10¾ cups water,
except for watercress, cover (30 minutes).
5. On the other hand, soak watercress in cold water, clean up, then rinse and set aside.
6. Meanwhile, in saucepan sauté bell peppers and small sliced onion with 2 tablespoons
vegetable oil on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon ground spices 2 teaspoons sour orange,
1 tablespoon tomato paste, then turkey or chicken chunks, 1/2 cup water and parsley
flakes. Stir, cover, let simmer (15 minutes). Uncover, stir again and turn off heat.
7. Add turkey or chicken chunks into boiling vegetables, dumplings, stir, add 2 teaspoons
ground spices, garlic, parsley and thyme sprigs, salt, tomato paste, large sliced onion,
watercress or frozen spinach, scallions sliced, hot pepper, reduce heat and let simmer
for 15 minutes.
8. Taste for salt, remove hot pepper, and serve warm. Bon Appétit!